I'm planting trees with my site. ^.^
Planted so far: 120397
This name generator will give you 10 random song titles for one of 10 genres of your choice.
The names are separated into different 5 different naming styles (in pairs of 2), but they're all pretty straight forward.
Note that due to the randomness of this generator, quite a few of the names will have faulty grammar or will otherwise not make much sense, though to be fair, this is sometimes also the case for real song titles. But with nearly 15000 different name combinations per genre, there's plenty to pick from.
I decided to pick the 10 genres seen below as they're the most broad and most popular genres. Obviously there are hundreds of (sub-)genres in music, but many titles could fit various genres anyway. To at least distinguish the genres a little, I decided to go with somewhat stereotypical names, though not always.
I've also tried to keep the titles as clean as possible, as I know for a fact many young people use this site as well. However, there are plenty of titles with a double meaning only the initiated will recognize. Besides, it's not hard to substitute one word for a more mature version.
The genres are as follows:
- Blues - There are dozens of different sub-genres in blues. This generator will generate titles which are generally about some kind of sorrow or pain.
- Country - Country is another genre with many different sub-genres. To keep in line with the stereotypical names in order to distinguish each genre, this generator will generally give you names about cowboys, cowgirls, traveling the road, waiting lovers and similar themes.
- Electronic - Probably the genre with the most sub-genres. It made creating song titles a bit difficult as I wanted to accommodate as many genres as possible. The titles generated in this genre will obviously have more electronic themes, party themes and similar themes in it, as well as love and more generic themes.
- Hip Hop - The titles in generator will be related to making it big, survival, rhythms and rhymes and other similar themes.
- Jazz - Jazz has a lot of sub-genres which can different greatly from each other. But I stuck with the smooth, relaxing sounds of Jazz and the titles that describe it. The titles in this generator have themes such as fond moments, fond memories, relaxing with friends and other smooth vibes.
- Latin - Another genre I'm not too familiar with and creating the titles was quite difficult as, surprise surprise, most Latin songs have a Spanish or Portuguese title. But I again stuck with stereotypes and the themes you'll find in this generator are passion, partying, love, dancing and other hot themes.
- Pop - One of the most popular genres, but probably also the genre with less of a variety of song titles. Most of them are about love, making it big, having it made big or more mature themes. Most of the titles in this generator are about love, having fun and similar themes.
- R&B - There are relatively not that many sub-genres of R&B, but the song titles do vary greatly. The song titles in this generator are generally about love, lost love, independence, the past, the future and similar themes.
- Rock - A genre with a huge amount of sub-genres which can differ immensely from each other. Like the electronic titles, accommodating most of the rock genres was a bit tricky. But I got many themes in, whether it's love, having a good time and other lighter themes from some of the rock genres or whether it's about the devil, broken dreams, bad decisions, pain and hurt and other darker themes of other rock genres, there's something for most.
- Ska - Another genre with relatively little sub-genres, but a lot of popularity. As you've probably guessed, the titles in this generator are about revolutions, peace, smoke, having a good time, chilling and other similar themes.
To start, select the music genre you want titles for and then click on the 'get names' button to generate 10 random names. Don't like the names? Simply click again to get 10 new random names.
Your art here? Click here to find out more!