I'm planting trees with my site. ^.^
Planted so far: 19925
This name generator will give you 10 random names for meteors, asteroids, meteor showers, and all other types of interplanetary debris.
In real life, these types of debris are usually named by the person who discovered it, and thus they often have personal or geographical names attached to them. In this generator you'll find more descriptive names, as well as more fantasy-esque names. Names like "The Blazing Trail", "The Ethereal Rain", and "The Sanguine Meteor", for example.
Also, to avoid any confusion:
- A meteor is the light you see when debris enters our atmosphere.
- A meteoroid is the actual debris that's burning up, and thus causes the light.
- A meteorite is any debris that survives this burning, and thus lands on Earth.
- An asteroid is way bigger than a meteoroid, and usually come from asteroid belts.
- Comets are like asteroids, but covered in ice, ammonia and/or other stuff, which gives them that tail (called a coma) when they get too close to the sun.
To start, simply click on the button to generate 10 random names. Don't like the names? Simply click again to get 10 new random names.
Your art here? Click here to find out more!